Spa Cover Cleaning and Care
November 26, 2018
Here at Aqua Vita Spas, we want you to have the best soaking experience possible. Below are some tips from our team of professionals to help you clean and care for your hot tub cover during these harsh winter months.
Proper cover care is easy and important. Dirty vinyl can dry out and become brittle. Not only does it look bad, but dry and brittle vinyl can tear at the seams and stress points. Therefore, it is important to clean and condition your cover once a season by following these simple steps:
- With cover on spa, rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Mix 1 part BioGuard Off The Wall Cleaner with 2 parts warm water
- Using a clean terrycloth towel, apply generous amounts of cleaning solution to cover top and side skirt
- Allow the cleaning solution to work on deposits for one minute, then re-scrub with towel. A soft bristle brush may also be used
- Thoroughly flush cleaning from cover, spa cabinet, and deck with generous amounts of clean water
- Dry cover with clean, absorbent cloth
- Condition and UV protect your spa cover with 303 Protectant. Working one small area at a time, spray an even layer of 303 Protectant onto cover top and side skirt. Using a clean, absorbent cloth work 303 Protectant into vinyl until dry and shiny.
*Note: To prevent hazing, spa cover must be completely dry before applying 303 Protectant
Both BioGuard Off The Wall Cleaner and 303 Protectant are available at our store located at 1815 Central Park Dr, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.